Thursday, December 1, 2011

Our Love Story: Part Four


Read ---Part One
        ---Part Two 
       ---Part Three

We spent more and more and MORE time together.  We loved each other...we really did.  We couldn't get enough of each other's company.  We went on our first date on February 13, 2010.  It was our Valentine's Day Date that we had to take a day early because of work.

He was adorable.  He asked me to be his Valentine.  :)  We got each other cards, I gave him his favorite kind of chocolate (Reese's Cups) in a heart shaped box and he gave me a journal.  It was a very thoughtful gift.  I had mentioned in passing once (ONCE) that I used to enjoy writing and I had gotten out of it and missed it.  He gave me a journal and encouraged me to pick up the habit I loved again.  I was so nervous about our date...I had three friends help me pick out an outfit.  He was different from the other guys I had gone out with...I knew that for the first time in my life, I was going on a date where I didn't need to wear a low cut shirt to ensure a second date.  I knew that I could be myself.  I knew that I had nothing to be afraid of.  But because I had only gone on dates wearing low cut shirts, short skirts, being overly flirtatious and saying "all the right things" that came from everywhere but my heart...I was terrified of the unfamiliar.  I was terrified of being myself, being vulnerable, and being real.  Even more, I was terrified of what would happen if I couldn't be real.  Or worse, if he didn't like the real me.

He came and picked me up from my apartment.  He opened the car door for me, just like a gentleman!  I wanted a cigarette so badly...even more than that, I wanted to smoke a nice, fat bowl pack.  I had used marijuana to calm my nerves in every situation for most of my teenage and adult life.  I knew no way of coping without it...but I swore that I would go on this date sober.  I was shaking.


Please ignore the fact that we look like kids!  :)  Don't I look terrified?  He looks so calm.  I don't like his glasses.  He knew that then..I'm not sure why he wore them.  Other than the fact that he likes them.  :)  He feels confident in them.  He looks confident.  He looks collected.  I look fearful.  haha

 We went and ate at a local Indian Restaurant.  We were the only people in the whole building other than the employees.  

We held hands in the car on the way home.

Read Part Five next! 


No comments: