Monday, December 12, 2011

Dandelions and a Tobacco Basket

Mr. R and I are living in the house where I grew up.  It's been a very long process of moving our stuff in and moving my parents' stuff out.  Last week, my mom came over and cleaning out the curio cabinet.  She left behind some glasses that they received as a wedding gift from some friends of theirs.  For now, they are still in the curio cabinet.  They have what looks to be dandelions etched into the sides.  Aren't the amazing? 

Source: google.com via Sara on Pinterest

(A dandelion, for reference)









Today, my grandma brought me over a basket of goodies!  I can't wait to go through it after work, wash everything up, and check out the treasures!


You might not be able to see it, but behind the basket is a black umbrella.  Guess what.  It was my great, great grandmother's!  How amazing?!

Also, I have come into ownership of my very own tobacco basket!  I didn't get a picture of it yet...but here are some pictures I found on Pinterest.


Source: asoftplace.net via Amy on Pinterest








The one that I now have?  Well...it's on it's way to my house.  :)  My grandpa is taking it by and dropping it off while I'm at work.  It won't fit in my car... But it came out of my great grandparents' pack house.  My grandma and my dad both worked out of that pack house when they were younger.  The basket even has our town's name stamped on the side!  It's is great shape, and I am so excited about having a piece of our family history to display as decor.  It amazes me that this is apparently a trend?  I had no idea.

I'm thinking of making a coffee table out of it?  I can't find anyone else who has done this and posted pictures online.  You guys know I've been looking for a cool coffee table.  :)  Or I could just hang it on the wall.

They look pretty awesome.

I'm so excited!

What kind of family heirlooms do you have in your home?

What would you do or what have you done with a tobacco basket?

Photobucket

No comments: