Monday, December 19, 2011

Guest Post ~ Making a Christmas Ornament

Hello!

So there are two really exciting things about this post!  :)  The first exciting this is that this is my
.....wait for it..... 
One-hundredth post!  
So..thank you to all of my faithful readers & commenters & lovers for reading!  :)  

The second exciting thing is that today I am featuring a fellow blogger and this is her first guest post!  
How exciting?!  
I certainly hope that all of you follow the blog "My Beautiful, Crazy Life" because Breanna is just precious.  We've been e-mailing back and forth for a few days now and I just think she's great.  
{And I'm not the only one who thinks so!  She just won The Versatile Blogger award!  So yay Breanna!)

Anyway.
She has done a tutorial for all of us on making Christmas ornaments.  :)  So...here's Breanna.  




Hey Guys, I'm Breanna & I blog over at My Beautiful, Crazy Life!
I'm so happy to of been asked to do a guest post.
This is my first guest post ever & i'm super excited to share with you today.
I'm a college student, girlfriend, crafter, runner, and everything else in between.
I'm a lover of all the simple things in life, & I would love to know you!
Stop on by & say hello :)


Today, I am going to show you how to make a Christmas Ornament.
However, the ornament I made is more beachy themed since I do live on the coast.


Items needed:
Clear Glass Ornaments.. 3.99 @ Hobby Lobby!
Sea Shells (tiny enough to fit inside the ornament) 
Sand
Funnel
Glitter (if desired)
Ribbon of your choice


 First off, you will have to take the top of the ornament off in order to get the sand & shells in it.
Once you do so, make sure your sand is dry & funnel it in like so.
 If you desire to add glitter go ahead. It gives it a shinier look.
I used blue and clear glitter.

Next just add your seashells in & shake it.
Try to shake it where the sand will stay on the bottom, if not you end up with sand on the sides.
Now all you have to do is put the top back on & tie a ribbon on it for decoration :)
Then add an ornament hook on it, & viola!
You now have a Christmas Ornament that looks great, yet was inexpensive to make.
This would be a great project to do with your kids :)
Hope you enjoy!


Isn't it precious?!  :)  These would great last-minute gifts & would help me cross off those last few names on my list.  Love it.  


I want to point something out real quick before you go....I love that she is smiling in all of the pictures!  Christmas is such a happy time.  :)  I love to see people with a smile on their face.
"Smiling's my favorite!" - Elf
So, don't forget to go by and become Breanna's newest follower!  XOs!  

Photobucket

1 comment:

Bree said...

Thank you so much for giving me the opportunity to guest post, & congratulations on your 100th post!

I am loving us today ;)
Thanks again!