Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Reusing Tin Cans

I spend a lot of time in my craft room, and since it is November I would like to start off this post by saying how thankful I am that we have an extra bedroom in our house for me to use as a craft room!

In my craft room, I have a big box of crayons, markers, pens, pencils, scissors, etc. but the box is not very accessible.  I have started saving tin cans - you know, the kinds that you buy vegetables in at the store.  I peel the labels off, wash them in warm water and soap, and let them dry off before they make their way upstairs to the craft room.

I cut scrap-booking paper into strips long enough to wrap around the cans. While I was cutting the paper into strips, I had my glue gun heating up off to the side.


I hot glued the paper down to the cans and let it cool.


Here they are, all done!  :)





They make great storage containers.


This project was super easy and didn't take long at all.  What do you use for storage?

No comments: