Monday, November 21, 2011

A Thanksgiving Letter to My Husband

Mr. Robinson,

Happy Thanksgiving!  I am so excited, blessed, and privileged to spend this special holiday with such a special person.  This entire month, this season is about being thankful for the love and life you have in your life.  With this being our first Thanksgiving together, I wanted to make it extra special by expressing my extreme gratitude, love, and thankfulness for you.

The other day while I was cooking and bustling about the house, I had a country music station playing on my radio.  Typical.  George Strait's song "Our Love is Unconditional" came on the radio.  The first verse starts out with "Our love is unconditional, we knew it from the start."  I've heard that song millions of times, but this time, it left me with tears in my eyes.  It really got me thinking, baby.  It made me reflect on us, our love, and our marriage.  I am so blessed to have you as my husband.  I am so incredibly thankful for you and I hope you know it.  Your unconditional love has continually made me a better person.  I remember when our relationship was just starting.  I was so flawed, so messed up, so beneath you.  You loved me even though I was doing horrible things and living a horrible life.  You are the only non-family member who has even showed me unconditional love and that unconditional love changed me and made me a better person.  I am so thankful for the way you love me, and I am also thankful for the changes your love for me brought about.  I love you with my whole heart, and I can't wait to spend every Thanksgiving for the rest of my life in your arms.

With Love From Your Wife,

Mrs. Robinson 

No comments: