Saturday, November 5, 2011

Holiday Planing & A Bittersweet Day

Today was super busy.  We got up early, as usual.  I'm not sure about you guys but it seems like the older I get, the more sleep I need but the less sleep I get.  Hmph.  Anyway, the first thing we did this morning  was make our plan for the holidays!  Yep!  We did it!  We finally sat down, toughed it out, and decided where we would be on Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day.  It went much better than I expected.

So, then we get going into the big city of ******** this morning!  The Mister and I are both still under separate leases for apartments in the city.  We head on over to Mr. R's apartment and met his parents.  They brought their horse trailer and were sweet enough to help us move all of the furniture out of Mr. R's apartment.  All of the furniture in his apartment belonged to his parents, so it did make sense for them to come take it back.  :) After we finished with that, we went to my apartment to give it a final deep-cleaning.

THEN we went to Wal-Mart to do some very necessary grocery shopping.

And then we went back to my apartment to pack up the last little bit of my belongings and hit the road.  It was bittersweet, to say the least.  I left in tears.  We started in that apartment.  We had our first kiss there.  I fell in love with him while I lived in that apartment.  Much of the journey of falling in love with him happened within those walls.  It was our first home, since we did technically live there for a few weeks after the wedding.  There are so many memories....leaving it all behind and knowing that pretty soon there will be strangers living in my apartment is a strange feeling.  It was the end of an era.  I'm going to start crying again..

It was a busy day.  A long day.  A bittersweet day.

No comments: