Mrs. Robinson's Signature Spicy Chicken NuggetsIngredients
Serving Size: 2
Serving Size: 2
- two skinless, boneless, white meat chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup House Autry Medium-Hot Breader
- If you can't find this type of flour, it's easy to make your own. Start out with plain flour and add paprika, cayenne pepper, chili powder, and garlic powder until the flour is reddish-orange. I've done this before, and it's good. =) I prefer the flavor of House Autry, but you can control how much spice you want if you make the seasoned flour yourself.
- Canola Oil (or whatever kind of oil you prefer)
- 2 Tablespoons Paprika
- 3 Tablespoons Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Chili Powder
- 2 Tablespoons Garlic Powder
- 2 Tablespoons Lawrey's Seasoning Salt
- Start heating up your oil first. If you have deep fryer (like a Fry Daddy) go ahead and plug it in to let the oil heat up. If you're going to be frying on your stove stop, get out a medium skillet and pour enough oil to fill the skillet up about half way. You'll want the oil to cover the sides of the nuggets while they are cooking. Set your stove eye to medium heat.
- Cut the thawed chicken up into bite size pieces and place them in a Ziploc Bag.
- Add paprika, cayenne pepper, chili powder, garlic powder, and seasoning salt to the chicken. Seal the Ziploc bag and shake until the spices are on every nugget.
- After the spices are spread around, add the flour to the Ziploc bag. Seal & shake again.
- Once the oil is hot, gently add the nuggets by using tongs. Be careful not to splash any hot oil on yourself.
- Allow the nuggets to cook for about 5 minutes. Using the tongs, turn them over. Let them cook for another 5 minutes. Keep in mind that all of the red spices in the breading will cause them to look almost burnt, but they aren't. While the nuggets are cooking, get a plate ready by placing a paper towel on the plate to help absorb some of the nugget's excess oil once removed from the oil.
- Remove the nuggets from the oil and place on the paper-towel lined plate. Serve immediately with ketchup, honey mustard, bbq sauce, or your choice condiment.
And if you are lucky, you will get a hear shaped nugget on accident!
** Wait for the oil to cool before discarding.
Like I said, these are a FAVORITE at the Robinson house. They're fast, easy, and delicious. Enjoy!