Monday, November 28, 2011

McCormick Red Velvet Cupcakes


This photograph is from my kitchen, as I'm sure you could have guessed.  I know it's not glamorous or perfect, but this is life.  My kitchen is not always photoshoot-ready!  I felt like I should at least share a picture of my work since I am sharing the recipe.  :)  I made mini-cupcakes with some leftover batter I had.  I tried to do a cupcake-topped-cupcake.  It looks a little silly, but it's okay.  :) 

My husband loves red velvet cake.  I really wanted to make him some red velvet cupcakes, but I was a bit nervous.  Rumor has it, you see, that red velvet can be a little tricky to make.  With the baking soda and vinegar reacting together, I've heard of people failing miserably at making this delicious cake.  I decided to try it anyway, and BOY am I glad!  This recipe does not call for vinegar, to my surprise!  And so the baking soda does not have to react with anything, and the whole baking process was very smooth and uneventful!  :)  Well, other than the fact that this recipe produced absolutely perfect cupcakes.

So, here is a clickable link for you hungry devils.  McCormick Red Velvet Cupcakes.



No comments: