Monday, November 7, 2011

Becoming Organized

Getting organized is such an exciting thing for me - for US!  It is exciting because it means we are finally getting settled in.  I know that probably sounds a little crazy, but it is the truth.  I don't know how all of you function in society, but I'll tell you how I function.  The first time around, I just do everything as quickly as possible to get it done.  The first goal is to complete the task at hand.  When we were moving, the goal was to just unpack everything and make the house look good.  I didn't care where we put things, I didn't care what the closets or cabinets looked like so long as our living space was open and uncluttered.  No moving boxes in sight = a happy Mrs. Robinson.  After I've complete Goal #1, I move to Goal #2.  I organize.  I gradually begin to pull everything out of the closets and corners and cabinets (oh, my!) so that I can put things in their proper location.

Well, just last night my husband and I started to pull things out and organize all of the stuff we had hidden & stashed in random places.  It will take some time, but we started.  THIS MEANS that we are done moving!  :-D

HOW EXCITING!!

No comments: