Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Car Titles & Car Insurance!

Today is a big day for us!  Other than us updating our passports, this is the last and final step we will take to completely combine our lives together as husband and wife!  Today, I'll be taking off some time from work to go into town and pay property taxes on both of our vehicles, then I'll be going to the DMV to have the titles to our cars put in our names (they are currently in our parents' names), and then create our own car insurance policy.  :)

I know that going to the court house, the DMV, and State Farm probably does not sound like a fun day to most people, but what can I say?  I'm not most people.  We have only been married a few months, and sometimes it still blows my mind that he is my husband, and I am his wife.  It's an amazing feeling.  After all, I was SO excited to marry that man!  Just check out this facial expression, captured by one of our guests..


And after the nuptials?!  Oh man, was I ecstatic!  There is nothing like a smile that makes the veins in my neck pop out.  That means I am the happiest!  :)

The girl in purple...she is one of our mutual friends.  I went to high school with her, and Mr. R knew her from college.  We were in the same place SO many times, we have too many mutual friends...I'm living out our destiny.  :)  She has nothing to do with this story, though.   

I love being married to such a great man, even if he drives me a little crazy at times.  Our wedding day was the happiest and best day of my life.  We've only been married a little over 2-months and it still feels a little surreal.  I guess we are still getting used to it.  After all, the whole thing came out of the blue and was rather sudden!  :)  This time last year, we barely knew each other!  

So...yes, it's off to the Court House, DMV, & State Farm for me today!  I know that would make most people groan, and SC isn't exactly known for their swift DMV lines.  (Not to mention that the strangest people in the world all happen to go to my DMV on the same day I have to go!  What's with that?!)  But I really don't mind it all that much, because it's just another reminder of our life together, the fact that I'm a married woman, and the fact that we are growing up...and I don't mind growing old as long as I can grow old with him.  

I can wait to see his wittle face all wrinkly!  :)   


No comments: