Tuesday, November 29, 2011

This Might Be An Overwhelmed Christmas..

I am feeling a little overwhelmed right now.  I did something bad.  I looked at my to-do list and my day planner at. the. same. time.  This is our first Christmas together, y'all.  I want need for it to be perfect.  I hope you don't mind if I just list, real quick, all of the things I want to accomplish.

I want to make garland out of strips of fabric.  I want to make this out of the cloth we used for the aisle runner at our wedding.  We have so much of it left over.  So I need to cut up fabric, and tie it to...something.

I want to make heart-shaped rice bags that are small enough to hold in your hand or slip in your pocket.  I want to make these out of our aisle cloth, as well, and give them to people who are very dear to our hearts and shared the special day with us.  So, I need to figure out how to do that.  I need to also buy rice.  I also need to practice.  I haven't sewn by hand since freshman year of high school and I do not have a sewing machine.

I have made homemade sugar body scrub.  I put it in mason jars.  I painted the tops of the mason jars with chalk paint.  I need to label them, make them cute, and gift wrap them.

I need to finish shopping for my husband.  So far, I've only bought him three things.  I still have money left to spend on his gift!  $123 left to spend, actually!

I need to figure out what we are buying the rest of my family.

I need to finish wrapping Christmas presents.

We need to finish decorating the tree.

There are a million Christmas crafts I'd love to start & finish.

We still don't have the house like I want it...

I/we need to finish making our handmade ornaments.

Our church is doing a Live Nativity and I really need to get everything straight for the booth that we are manning.

and I have to cook for the Live Nativity.  

I am selling cakes and baked goods at work this holiday season to make a little extra money.  I need to bake some samples tonight so that people will taste the food, know I can cook yummy things, and buy food from me!  :D 

I need to work on our Christmas journal constantly.

I have this goal...I want to start writing letters to people!

I need to finish up our wedding thank-you notes.  (Actually, no.  WE need to finish those up.)

We need to start decorating the house!

I really need to straighten up my craft room...

AND I've gotta cook dinner.

Being a wife is hard work sometimes.  But his XXXXX makes it worth it.  ;)  Oops.  Was that explicit?  
My b.

XO's! 

  


1 comment:

Julia @ Classic Southern Charm said...

I'm right there with you! I have so many crafts I have started that I need to finish! And so many gifts I still need to buy. December has really snuck up on me this year! I'm sure you'll get everything done though! Hope you have a great week!

xo Julia