Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Oh, How Pinteresting ::Weight Loss::




Sine I already did my little whiny post of the day & received SUCH great encouragement from some of my favorite blog-a-rinas, I decided to be in a better mood & link up with The Vintage Apple.

google

Last week my link-up post was all about eyebrows!  I really liked choosing a theme for my pinning-party-post, so I think I'll do the same this week.  EXCEPT, I won't do eyebrows again.  
Sorry.  If you are interested, follow the "eyebrows" link.    

Instead...I wanted to do something much more fun but still focused on self-improvement!  I've been dieting since January 1st.  I had just gotten absolutely disgusted with myself, but was not ready to start a workout plan.  I changed my eating habits.  The last week of January, I hit a plateau.  I had lost 9 pounds and COULD NOT get to the 10 pounds mark.  You see, when wanting to lose 40+ pounds, it's a good idea to have little goals and I so desperately wanted to reach my first one.  Dieting on it's own just wasn't cutting it, and I've started exercising.  As of last night, I've officially lost 10 pounds!  I made a Facebook announcement, of course, and someone asked me what my secret was.  There is no secret!  Just diet and exercise!  :)  However, what I've been doing HAS been working and I decided to pin the things that have helped me in my battle against a jiggly body.  

   Drink Lots & Lots of Water!  No sodas, not even diet, no sweet tea, and no coffee!  Just water!  If you need flavor, try cutting up fresh lemons or limes.  Or making lemonade out of LOTS of fresh lemons and strawberries!

Source: lifehack.org via Jo on Pinterest


Start taking a multivitamin.  I love the One A Day VitaCraves, especially the Sour Gummies!  Sour Gummie Worms were my most favorite candy, so eating two of these each day really help me get in my sour-sugar fix AND give me energy and vitamins my body needs! 



For breakfast, I eat Special K in Almond Milk, or mini frittatas on an English muffin, or a Fiber One bar.  Breakfast is at 7:30 every morning!



At 9:00, I get to work and I eat a piece of fresh fruit.  Apples, Bananas, Cuties, Oranges, Peaches, Strawberries, Blueberries, or even frozen fruits!  It is important to get in your daily dose of fruits and veggies, but fruits can be sugary - so be careful not to overdo it.  :) 



At around 10:30 or 11, I eat a light snack.  I usually go for celery, carrots, or a 100-Calorie snack pack.  For me, it helps to "nibble" all day so that I'm not STARVING at meal time or when I get home from work.  It helps keep me full, which helps stop me from making mistakes.  


Source: google.ca via Liliana on Pinterest


Noon is lunch time!  Progresso Lite Soups are a GREAT choice because there are two servings in each can!  I only eat one serving, because my snacks have kept me feeling full!  Also, sometimes I'll bring a salad to work or left-overs from last night's dinner IF I have anything healthy left-over.  Sometimes I have to cook fattening foods for my hubby, so I just eat something else.  IF I can bring healthy left-overs, I do!  

Source: google.com via Natalie on Pinterest


Doesn't the salad pictured above look delicious?  Think outside the box when it comes to your diet!  Eating a salad doesn't have to mean gnawing on plain lettuce.  Dieting is all about losing weight, or at least it shouldn't be.  Your body NEEDS certain vitamins and nutrients.  And nobody wants to give up flavorful foods.  Eat HEALTHY and the weight will come off in a healthy way.  Don't risk your health for a good body.  That's silly.  You don't have to sacrifice deliciousness to achieve nutritiousness.  :)

I do NOT count calories, but I am concious of how many calories something has.  I try to eat low-calorie foods and TONS of fresh fruits & veggies.  I'm careful of my carb and fat intake, and I try to eat things that are high in fiber & protein, now that I'm working out!  REMEMBER:  A large portion of anything is not good for you, and for me it helps to just snack and nibble all day long.  It also helps out the oral-fixation problem I have from YEARS of smoking.  (I've quit smoking, too!)  

In addition to healthier food choices I've been making, I work out every day after work.  The last 30 minutes of work, I get on Pinterest and search for motivation!  :)  I look up pictures of bodies I wish I had and great motivational workout quotes.  I even look up bodies that I don't want to have...bodies like mine or bigger.  It works, I promise! 















And so far, I've lost 10 pounds!  It's working for me, and I know it can work for you, too!  There is no secret - you just have eat right, work hard, and watch the pounds melt away.  I'd love to be your support buddy!  :)  I have support buddies, and they've helped me out a LOT!  So, let's talk!  I hope you've enjoyed my pins!  
Photobucket

3 comments:

♥ ♥ Just a Girl in Love w/ a Soldier ♥ ♥ said...

Oh girl, you are just pumping me up that much more. I just got back from Zumba class and had dinner and waiting on the hubbs to get home. I wasn't able to go to Spin class last night for the first time in 2 & 1/2 months and I felt LOST. I cant wait to go tomorrow and pound it out. Saturday afternoon is weight in day so I got to make up for yesterday. I'd LOVE LOVE a support buddy!!!!!!!!!!

Alison said...

My husband and I drink Almond milk all the time. IT IS SO GOOD! That strawberry/spinach salad looks amazing as well. I think that will be a must this summer during strawberry season!

lilmoomoo said...

That salad looks AMAZING!

I will be on the "deployment diet" soon.... soooo I'm thinking I need to get with you and Tiffany and be support buddies!!
I REALLY need to do something. It's getting out of hand! LOL