Monday, January 16, 2012

Weekend Re-Cap!




Hello!  I can't believe that I actually went 4 days without blogging.  I didn't even log in and check up on my daily reads.  But, I've had a lot going on and I guess sometimes it's okay to take a break.  :)  So...if I'm going to play catch-up this morning, I better get started.

Friday
I work a 9-5 job Monday-Friday, so I should have been at work Friday.  I didn't go...because I was at the doctor's office for 5 hours.  I've been in a funk for the past three weeks....headaches, nausea, dizziness, migraines, some flu-like symptoms, constant fatigue, lack of motivation or concentration...and I refused to go to the doctor because none of my symptoms seemed serious.  Until Thursday night when I stood up off the sofa to greet hubby when he got home from work....and I almost fell onto our coffee table.  I realized that my dizziness was starting to affect my balance.  So I took Friday off and went to the doctor.  I probably watch too many episodes of House, because I was absolutely terrified when the doctor I've gone to all my life told me he has no idea what's wrong with me.  They drew blood & tested it for mono - that test came back negative.  They sent off blood to have a CBC done and those results will come today.  I also had a yeast infection so he gave me a prescription to take care of that and I was on my way..

Friday night was our January Date... from the 12 Dates of Christmas I gave Mr. Robinson as part of his Christmas present, but you can read all about that here. (link coming soon!)

Saturday
We slept in...which never happens...and did not do ANY house work!  :)  Saturday is our designated day to get stuff done, but this Saturday was a vacation from that.  We were just lounging on the sofa's and nothing was on TV so I flipped it to "The Newlywed Game" for a few minutes.  One of the questions to the men was "Even though you already think your wife is perfect, which one of her friends could she take a few tips from on being sexy?"  And they had to answer...haha.  Naturally, I made my husband answer this question and I was pretty sure that I knew what his answer would be.  Sure enough, I was right.  Haha!  He said she's very stylish.  Well...I'm not allowed to shop because I have a closet full of clothes, horrible credit as a result of HUGE shopping trips (I have a bit of a problem with stopping once I start), and we don't really have money for me to be shopping all the time...& she shops ALL. THE. TIME.  So, I did what any girl would do.  I convinced my dear husband to take me shopping! :)  So we dropped precious Zombie off at my parent's house & my husband had arranged for us to drive my daddy's car on our date.





We stopped at Tony's, a local pizza place, on our way because we were starving.  Well...because we were driving daddy's new car that's super nice & clean (quite the opposite of our cars..specifically my car) Mr. Robinson refused to put any left-over pizza in the car.  Tony's had two sizes:  personal pan and large.  What did we do?  We ordered a large & stuffed our faces, determined to eat the entire pizza.  (And yes, I'm still on my diet!  What would make you think otherwise? Haha!)  We almost succeeded...Mr. ate 6 pieces and I ate 4.  We left two pieces behind... but we tried.  

For some reason, as we were walking out of Tony's, my husband blurts out "Mike Jones" in his most thugged-out voice.  Anybody else remember good ol' Mike Jones?  Obviously, we started rapping in the parking lot.  And also in the car.  Eventually, Mike's telephone number came up.  281-330-8004 and I called it to see if it still worked.  I haven't dialed that number since high school, after all.  It didn't.  So I Googled it, obviously.  I found this video.  It's just a few seconds long, watch it.  





Doesn't it just bring back memories?!  :)  What's funny about this is that if you click "Show More" right under the video if you go to YouTube, it reads:

This video has absolutely nothing or possibly something to do with: Airplane, Auto, Boat, Motorcycle, Motor Sport, Train, Animation, Blooper, Improv, Parody, Pranks, Series, Short Film, Sketch, Spoof, Stand-up, Video Blog, Athletics, Business, Communications, Computer Science, Economics, Engineering, Health, Humanities, Language, Math, Media, Medicine, Performing Arts, Physical Science, Social Science, Visual Arts, Advertising, Commercials, Entertainment News, Performing Arts, Short Film, Trailer, TV, Video Game, Web Series, Animation, Anime, Art, Documentary, Experimental, Filmmaker Reel, Interview, Manga, Short Film, Trailer, Tutorial, Federal Government, Grassroots Outreach, Local Government, Nonprofit, Public Service Announcements, Regional Government, State Government, Arts & Crafts, Beauty, Dance, Drink, Finance, Fitness, Fashion, Food, Gardening, Health, Home, Music, Sports, Technology, Alternative, Blues, Classical, Country, Electronic, Folk, Hip-Hop, Indie, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rap, Religious, Rock, Soul, Unsigned, World Music, Commentary & Analysis, Documentary, Gotcha!, Grassroots Outreach, News, Political Commercial, Advice, Community, Dating, Personals, Random, Video Blog, Wisdom, Aquatic, Bird, Cat, Dog, Hamster, Insect, Rabbit, Reptile, Wildlife, Aviation & Space, Computer, DIY, Electronics, Environment, Gadget, Mechanics, Medicine, Video Game, Action, American Football, Baseball, Basketball, Combat Sports, Extreme, Golf, Hockey, Martial Arts, Motor Sport, Soccer, Sports Talk, Tennis, Track & Field, Water Sport, Winter Sports, Cakes, Wrench, Phones, Books, Printers, Chapstick, Headphones, iPhones, XBOX 360s, PS3s, Nintendo WIIs, voo doo dolls, money, Chicago cubs, girls, AOL, nintendo DS, ESPN, Sportscenter, Youtube, google, jolly ranchers, music, cocoa, diet coke and mentos, jolly ranchers, pepsi, mountain dew, pencils, funny, haha, rediculous, hilarious, chris cocker, soda, skateboarding, tricks, bmx, a restroom, apples, exploding batteries, cool tricks, or glass, or mike jones, rick james, chuck norris, harry potter, paris hilton, perez hilton, angelina jolie, brad pitt, tom cruise, katie holmes, brittney spears, how i met your mother, k-fed, kevin federline, E news, TMZ, bob marley, jessica simpson, alfonso soriano, my brother, texas holdem, poker, napoleon dynomite, the simpsons, budweiser, sweden, soccer, guitar, guitar chords, guitar riffs, upload videos directly from your phone!, michael jackson. 

So, while we were driving down the road on our way to the beach, I read this to Mr. Robinson.  Haha.  Maybe it was a whole lot funnier in real life, which is so incredibly possible, but it was pretty hilarious.  

We also had a completely retarded conversation about how people smile differently.  I kept practicing other smiles all day.  It was driving him a little nuts, which was fun-for-me!  

So anyway, we get to the mall...and....

He bought for him:






He bought for me:




image from Belk.com (this is not me, haha.  I forgot to take a picture of myself in the dress)

Then, we left the mall and decided to watch Contraband.  We had 45 minutes to spare, so we went to LifeWay.  I don't know about y'all, but this was our first trip to LifeWay TOGETHER and we spent a ton of money, haha.  But we bought a lot of good books and I'm excited to read them!  Mr. Robinson got a Tim Tebow book, another book, and a 116 Clique CD.  I got a couple books on marriage and love and God.  So, those will be fun.  :)

Then, we went and watched the movie.  It was really good.  It was one of those movies that I kept catching my breath the whole time I was watching, and then letting out a sigh of relief.  It's an action film...go figure, hubby's favorite... and watching movies in the theater was a nice change from our usual PPV movies. We are at least an hour away from the closest movie theater, so this was a treat!





THEN, we went and picked up Zombie from my parent's, & yes it was necesarry for him to stay with a sitter :)  We gave them their car back, and took my car home.  

While in the car, we had yet another dumb conversation.  I asked him if he'd ever noticed how dogs HAVE to put their noses on the windows when they are looking outside.  He said "I guess."  I proceeded to ask him if he thought it would be funny or cool if people did that too.  He kind of  chuckled.  I clarified that maybe it wouldn't be funny is everybody did it, because then it would just be normal.  So, would if be funny if one out of every five people was a "nose-presser?"  He laughed a little harder.  I asked him if it would be funny if his boss had to get up from her desk and put her nose on the window every time she looked outside.  Then he really laughed.  And then I pushed my face into the window to demonstrate.  Again, probably funnier in real life.  But we just had the best time...I've been stuck in the house for three weeks in my funk.  I had just been feeling aweful.  Maybe I enjoyed myself too much...but we had fun and we laughed and we created even more of our little inside jokes.  I love him and he loves me!  :D  Yay for Marriage!  Haha  

Anyway, we made it home and passed out pretty immediately.  :)  

Sunday
Sunday morning, we went to church.  I was so proud of my husband...last week in the men's Sunday school class, there had been some confusion on the Trinity.  Unfortunately, it's one of the older men in our church who was/is confused.  He doesn't think that God, Jesus, and the Holy Ghost are all one being.  So.. my husband worked hard all week on researching and studying his Bible and preparing notes for this Sunday.  He did his homework and then some.  So he was really excited about Sunday School...he even LEFT me because I wasn't ready in time.  Haha!  :)  I'm usually 15 minutes late...sorry.  I was excited about this Sunday because (1) Mr. Robinson transferred his membership to this church last week so this would be his first Sunday as a member!  That was exciting!  (I'm already a member.)  And (2)  Our brand new interim pastor was preaching!  We have been without a preacher for several months now...our preacher felt called to another church.  So, it was literally THIRST QUENCHING to have a full-time pastor with us until they can find a more permanent minister.  

We went and had dinner with my parents.  My daddy had gotten a meat smoker for Christmas, and smoked a ham for dinner.  YUM-O!  It  was delicious.  They are also cutting back on fattening foods, so it was great to have some delicious food without the regret!  

We ate and lounged around a while...I took a nap.  Then, we got up and went into town for a new Bible Study that started yesterday.  It is at a church in town that is trying to organize a mission trip to Kenya, Africa this summer.  We are praying and seeking His guidance right now, trying to figure out if this trip is for us.  This Bible Study is on hearing God speak, and while it is open to anyone, a lot of the people who are interested in joining the team going to Africa are participating in the study.  We are hoping that this study will help us hear God's voice more clearly in regards to this mission trip...we want to live within His perfect will.  We want to be only in places He desires... whether that be Africa or Korea or India or right here in South Carolina.  So..we have faith that this study will point us in the right direction, and if that direction happens to be Kenya this summer, then we will already have bonded with some of the team.  I think it's going to be a really great study...I hope to learn a lot from it.  There are 5 lessons each week that are to be completed as homework..I'm excited to that with my husband.  That could just be so great for our marriage.. I hosted a pretty big pity-party last week about my fears and concerns regarding this trip.  Again, thank you all who offered kind words in comments and/or e-mails.  Thank you to those who prayed for me...

Monday
Then, this morning, one of my Facebook friends posted the most amazing video.  I promise it's worth your time...just watch it.  





Then, once I got to work I found this board on Pinterest.  It's amazing.  Go check it out.. it's all quote's and funny little snips from Friends!

Source: google.com via Monica on Pinterest

    This week, my husband is taking a work-related class about an hour away from our home.  He might be a little grumpy this week from all the driving, but he has such a passion for knowledge.  He just loves learning new things and has such a drive for it, a drive I lack.  Then, Friday he takes his test.  So I'll be doing all I can this week to make our home a pleasant and relaxing environment for him!  Today's his first day!  

Oh, AND, my day started out great because (I've been dieting, remember?) and this morning...I put on a pair of pants that did not fit two weeks ago!  And I'm wearing them...right now....at work.  I lost 7 pounds!  Hip- Hip- Hooray!  :) 

Tonight, we both have our weekly Bible studies!  Sadly, it's the last night for the study I'm participating in.  The study he is doing is much, much longer.  The group I'm in is called For Women Only, and it's been really great.  I hope to do a post on it and what I learned after it's over.  So...coming soon.    

Well, that's a wrap!  We made some pretty great memories this weekend.  :)  What was your weekend like?  Any funny stories or hot dates?  If you wrote a weekend-recap I'd love to check it out, so leave me a link or something.  XOs    
  
Photobucket

3 comments:

Bree said...

sounds like such an amazing weekend :) Glad yall had fun!

Amber K said...

i Love friends! i have seen every episode. i still remember the day the last episode came on, it was the night of grad ball in college. we all watched it in our dresses before going to the dance. i have such good memories surrounding that show!

Courtney B said...

Sounds like an amazing weekend! Especially your Saturday :)
But good grief.... I hope you're ok! And that the doctors figure out what's wrong with you. You'll update us when you know, right!?