Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Part Four: It's Time

I'm telling my wedding story, one post each week!  If you are new, I hope you'll click on the "All About Our Love" tab to read our love story from the beginning.  OR, here are the previous wedding posts in case you missed them!  

Part One




So we were ready!  It was finally time.  A golf-cart came and got the flower girl.  

Another golf cart came to get my mom and my bridesmaids.





Then, it was just me and my daddy.

I started crying...I kept telling myself to pull it together.  I just remember feeling so many emotions.  I was happy because it was my wedding day.  I was heartbroken because my daddy was crying.  I was nervous about walking down the aisle in front of all of those people (even though we had a relatively small wedding.) I was excited to be his wife and go on our honeymoon!  I was sad because the wedding was here and would soon be over.  I was thrilled to have everyone I loved the most in one place to celebrate our love.  I was already missing my parents - the bond between us had grown so strong in the months approaching the wedding.  There were many emotions going through my head and my heart, but I was mostly just happy.    

Daddy and I got into his vintage 1957 Corvette, and drove to the beginning of my aisle.  I kept trying to get daddy to talk about sports or something - anything!  He was emotional, I was emotional.  I didn't want to walk down the aisle crying.  I brought up football.  





While we were on our way, my flower girl, Gracie, was lighting a Memory Candle in honor of and in memory of her mother, my aunt, who passed away two years earlier after loosing her fight against breast cancer.  This was also the acoustic guitarist's cue to play one more song for the guests, and then the wedding party would enter the court yard.    




Once the candle was lit for my Aunt Lati, Gracie took her place with my bridesmaids at the beginning of the aisle.  Gracie went first, dropping flower petals on my 150 foot orange carpet - with the bride on one end and her groom on the other.  




Behind Gracie, my bridesmaids walked down the aisle one at a time to "Pass It On" played on an acoustic guitar.  We used to sing that song together in church when we were little girls.  It is an old, Southern gospel song that most of the guests probably did not recognize.  But my girls did, and it meant something to us.  I loved being able to bring something special about our friendship into our wedding.  Like I said in post one, those girls taught me how to love unconditionally.  Their friendship helped build me.  Gracie was the best flower girl!  She took her job so seriously, it was the most precious thing.  

Daddy and I got out of the car.  He helped with my dress.



We took our places at the beginning of my aisle, and I saw the ceremony site for the first time.  It was breath-taking.

& I hope you'll come back next time to see it!  :)
Photobucket

3 comments:

Meg @ Mr.C and Me said...

no not a cliffhanger!! ;)

Home on Poplar said...

Ok, I seriously teared up when I read what your Dad said! I was holding it together very well before walking down my aisle, then my said said something so sweet, too! Gah, they just know where to get us, haha!

♥ ♥ Just a Girl in Love w/ a Soldier ♥ ♥ said...

I love love your dads car!!!!!!!!!! & the fact that all your "ladies" got picked up in a golf cart, how freaking cute is that!!!