Now, my husband and I are living in the house I grew up and attending the church I where I was raised. Except we don't have the same type of group as my parents did. There is no "coffee club" for newlywed couples because there's only two couples and we don't have all that much in common. In a small church, our options are being involved with my parent's friends or being involved with the high school kids. We picked the adult classes, of course, and we do enjoy and love them. Their ages range from 10 to 30 years old than us but since most people at our church are married, we have enough in common.
But sometimes...it'd be nice to have friends who we have more in common with. It's hard to find people who meet all of the "requirements" we'd have for our best-friend-couple. Requirements such as...
- They'd have to be Christians. I'd like for them to have similar beliefs to us so that there wouldn't be a whole lot of conflict. My husband likes to argue...and different beliefs would surely mean the end of the friendship over time. I'd also like it if they could come to our church. =)
- It'd be pretty great if they were our age...or close.
- Coming to our church means they'd have to be local. Which is preferred, since we'd be hanging out several times a week. We don't have a whole lot of extra time, so it'd be best if they lived less than 15 minutes away.
- This is huge! They would have to be married without children. Also, can they not have any immediate plans to make children? Hanging out would be much easier without having to find a baby-sitter every time something cool is going on. And if they have kids and we don't, we'd have lots of differences. However...if we decide we want kids..they have to be ready to have kids, too. So that we can continue being friends, of course. ;)
- They would have to be a little weird. We love quirky, strange, interesting people. Hopefully they have tattoos because while weird is good, they've still gotta be cool to chill with. Haha
- They'd have to like Zombie. Period.
- They'd have their own sweet little doggy - NOT ANY CATS. Mr. Robinson is allergic. And their sweet little doggy would love Zombie & Zombie would love him/her.
- It'd be nice if we had similar interests because then we'd have more to talk about and more to do together! In a perfect world, the husband would love sports and music. In the same perfect world, the wife would love blogging and would make an excellent work out partner. :) But she wouldn't be too skinny yet...we'd have to get in shape together.
- They'd have to love food but not so much that they pick on my husband for being a picky eater. He doesn't like that.
- At this point, asking them to be hilarious and have great senses of humor wouldn't be asking too much. I've already ordered them how most people order a pizza.
- It's necessary that they have good style. Good style being defined as the wife shops at Express or at any sales rack, and the husband wears only Polo Ralph Lauren or nice suits & ties. Also, Mr. Robinson needs for the husband to have at least one pair of Chucks. Also again, it's be fun if the wives could get their nails done together.
- Also, and this is most important, they've gotta be swingers. Kidding. Ha! =) You should have seen your face!! Seriously, it'd be really important all of us are devoted to our spouses & not tempted at all by the friend-couple.
- The husband has to be an intellectual. The wife...not so much. But she doesn't need to be ditz either.
- The couple would enjoy a nice social adult beverage from time to time.
- Mr. Robinson would really enjoy a man friend who has excellent taste in movies & great actors. Apparently this means really long action movies.
Anyway, I just wanted to share this humorous list with y'all...but on a serious note, I wanted to document that lately I've really been praying for us to find some friends. And I hope that God will send us some. :)
Coo Coo Kachoo,